While we were having our mini dance parties, partaking in a few beverages, and taking the entire morning to get dressed, the guys watched movies. They had brought game systems and tons of games to play that morning, but forgot some very necessary cords. No dice on the games, they were left with strange Saturday morning movies. (The most notable was Deep Blue Sea. Hola, LL Cool J.)
Bad TV at its best.
Matt took detail shots of JP’s great groom Chucks…
…and then JP got to stand on the bed to take pictures.
Then Laura brought over my card and gift to JP.
I had a specific order for him to open things. First the card, then he was to play a CD while he opened his gift.
He was quite amused with the card.
We have a long-running inside joke about re: saying “big love,” and so I couldn’t pass up this letterpress printed “big love” card I ran across. (Nothing to do with the HBO series, for the record.) Plus, who doesn’t want a wedding day monster card? Exactly.
Then it was time for the CD to be played. The disc itself was rather ghetto. Last-minute-bride forgot to buy printable CDs, and therefore hastily scrawled on a blank disc said bride had lying around. At least the outside case was pretty!
I am a person that mentally sets everything to music. Too many years of musical theater. I couldn’t pass up the opportunity to have such an appropriate/silly song play while he opened his present. So, as JP opened his gift, he had “Get Me to the Church on Time” playing in the background.
A wedding-day (and now everyday!) watch to help him get to the church on time.
He changed out the band that I’d also sent along, and then began writing his notes to the parents.
After leaving a huge present wake, it was time for him to get dressed.
First up? A shave, of course.
Then some more jumping on the bed time. (The hotel screwed us a bit on the suites. The boys got an infant-sized one, so portrait spots were fairly limited.)
Then they realized that JP had put his undershirt on backwards. Ruh-roh. He switched it around, but a full day of teasing followed.
That fixed, Best Man Joe helped him put on his cufflinks.
JP switched out the white buttons for black, put on his suspenders and cummerbund, and got all buttoned up. A big “unf” for the tuxedo shirt. Love. It.
Time for the bow-tie.
Nothing like a groom in a bow-tie.
Lastly, he gave a good tie to his shoes, and it was time to meet me for the first look!
Next up? First look action, complete with bridal attack.
Need to do some catching up in the recap department?
- I popped in to say hello a few days after the wedding.
- I showed off our awesome wedding video, which was subsequently publicized by Ashton Kutcher.
- The day before our wedding was entirely too hectic, and our rehearsal was almost foiled by a contact.
- I pulled it back together and had a blast at our awesome rehearsal dinner, starting with toasts and roasts, followed by us being handcuffed together, and ending with a good old fashioned beat down.
- The wedding day morning started off with some note writing and veil steaming and then some detail shots were shown off. Then, we all got our hair done, I cried with presents, and topped it all off with some more video action, then finally savored the moment and put the dress on.