When our pros arrived to start documenting, everything was lined up and ready to go for said detail shots. Brides, I highly recommend having all of your accessories, dresses, any paper goods you want shot, etc. neatly arranged for when your photographers arrive. Make a list a few days prior, then take a few minutes to set up that morning. It makes the process go so smoothly and much more efficiently.
Our dresses were all lined up after the steaming extravaganza.
The bridesmaids’ dresses were Vera Wang, and my dress was a slightly-modified (and slightly butchered/poorly altered) Christos. (I’ll save my alterations/dress failure for another time.)
I had a lovely hair flower headband from sweetpea & fawn to wear during the reception.
These 40-year-old pearl earrings were a gift from my father to my mother on their wedding day, she wore them on their wedding day, and graciously let me borrow them for our wedding day.
She also lent me a strand of pearls that were an anniversary present from my father, as shown here with the earrings and one of the bridesmaids’ hair flowers that we sewed the night before.
Wednesday was kind enough to let me borrow some of her mice to use as my something blue, and of course she got some catnip treats as a thank-you.
I was lucky enough to be able to have my grandmother’s hanky around for any potential crying episodes.
The beloved love flats…
My lovely garters from Julianne Smith…
…and some probably-wedding-inappropriate underwear for the day.
Lastly, I had laid out our invitation suite, complete with freshly-written envelopes. (Later on you’ll see india ink stains on my right hand. Probably not a very good idea to use a dip pen on the morning of our wedding, but it also wouldn’t be very Lauren not to be covered in some sort of ink, paint, or other art mess.)
And there you have it, the getting-ready detail bits for the ladies’ suite! Next up? We get dressed, of course!
Need to do some catching up in the recap department?
- I popped in to say hello a few days after the wedding.
- I showed off our awesome wedding video, which was subsequently publicized by Ashton Kutcher.
- The day before our wedding was entirely too hectic, and our rehearsal was almost foiled by a contact.
- I pulled it back together and had a blast at our awesome rehearsal dinner, starting with toasts and roasts, followed by us being handcuffed together, and ending with a good old fashioned beat down.
- The wedding day morning started off with some note writing and veil steaming.