Gouache + Moleskine = Guestbook

For our guestbook, we decided to use a Moleskine. I have at least 3 or 4 on my person at any given time– squared, sketchbooks, Cahier, agenda, etc. I also made JP into a Moleskine convert many moons ago. (Ok, not that many, given the fact that we’ve only been together for just under 2.5 years. Work with me here.)

So yes, the guestbook. This weekend, we bought an extra large kraft Moleskine Cahier to use for said guestbook. Today, my crazy butt decided that it would not be complete until I painted it. With our wedding stuff. With just a few days until the wedding. With a lot of other stuff to do. Yes, crazy, but damn if it wasn’t fun and pretty darn successful! Take a look!

All it took was drawing it out with a drafting pencil and praying that my crazy-shaky hands kept steady while doing the hairlines. All-in-all, about a 45-minute project.There still needs one more coat of gouache, and a little erasery-poo-action to get rid of the visible pencil lines, but other than that, it is donesky.

What are you doing for your guestbook? What crazy projects did you take on the week before the wedding? Did things go quickly and smoothly, or end in disaster? Also, big hollas to any fellow Moleskine lovers!

show hide 8 comments

Liz @ Dogs & WineJune 15, 2010 - 4:05 am

Oh, I love it!! :D

Chichi {From Now Till I Do}June 15, 2010 - 6:24 am

You are one talented Miss! They look great.

We have 500 guests so we’re putting postcards on the table for guests to write messages and will collect after and scrap book them. The thought of 1 guest book going round 500 people was not an option!

ThaoJune 15, 2010 - 9:18 am

I adore all your ideas, but this might be one of my very faves! Moleskines are pure love, and the fact that you PAINTED yours–amazing work, my friend! Hope you have a wonderful wedding!

GhenetJune 15, 2010 - 12:56 pm

I love this! It came out so well. I love love love Moleskines :-)

KateJune 16, 2010 - 1:10 pm

This is so SICK! I totally LOVE it! All the best for the wedding, looks like it will be a bee-yootiful one.

Natalia SimmonsJune 17, 2010 - 10:00 am

Wow, that is really beautiful! Now we know why you call yourself Miss Scissors! Congratulations on your big day being only 2 days away! So exciting, enjoy every minute of it!

EmilyJune 21, 2010 - 10:50 am

Awww, that looks SO GOOD!

new site! | There comes a yesJuly 29, 2010 - 8:21 pm

[...] more amazing than all that bonding we do over fonts and our collective neuroses, is that she is mega talented. She made this site the beauteous thing that it is, so thanks [...]

Your email is never published or shared. Required fields are marked *

There was an error submitting your comment. Please try again.