Kristen tagged me in one of those “What’s in your purse?” dealies, and of course I’m happy to oblige. I am a purse person. I have three regulars in rotation, but my current one is the Louis pictured above. I have no idea what the bag is actually named because I don’t think it’s in production any longer. Why? Well, it’s from 1984. It was my diaper bag. Whiny (but awesome) person that my mother is did not want to carry an actual diaper bag when I was a baby, so she bought this. It was only in use for about a year, then went into her purse storage. Ten years ago, I was being nosy and found it. Mom never used it, so she just gave it to me. Score.
Since then, it’s posed as my book-bag, a makeshift camera bag, art bag, and giant catch-all. I love the size and the cross-body strap. It’s in fabulous condition and one of the many reasons I collect LV. Invest in excellent goods, and they’ll last you a lifetime. Anyway, we’re not going to go into my “BUY LV” spiel. Let’s look at what random stuff has collected in my purse.
I’m lazy, so it’s not labeled, but I’ll try to list in some sort of orderly direction. How about clockwise from the wallet.
- Big LV Damier wallet. It’s way too full, and I rarely snap it closed anymore. Sometimes doubles as a random clutch.
- Chanel denim quilted eyeglasses case. Nothing in it because my glasses were on my face. Duh.
- SBB train ticket
- Luzern Theater Spielzeit. Heavy use of HFJ type inside. Big fan.
- Big squared MiquelRius notebook. Cheaper than a Moleskine and 300 pages. Sorry, Moleskine. I cheat on you sometimes.
- Holy Taco receipt. A few months old, so all of the ink is faded off.
- Small LV Damier Papillon pochette filled with grayscale Prismacolor markers
- Random Tombow brush pens, a GT Alumni pen, and a hot pink Sharpie floating around
- LV Monogram key fob with an excess of keys and mini grocery store cards
- MUFE concealer palette. Best ever.
- Business card case, currently empty because I’ve given them all out.
- Thermometer because I’m always sick.
- Smith’s Minted Rose lip balm. Favorite.
- Glide floss. I have a flossing addiction.
- Coal Powderliner, the best eyeliner ever
- Old-ish Chanel pressed powder compact. I use it mainly for the mirror.
- Nars Multiple in Orgasm
- MUFE Neon Orange lipstick
- Nars lipstick in Funny Face
- A 20 CHF bill and miscellaneous coins that fell out of the stuffed wallet
- Two fortunes that fell out of my wallet. I keep every fortune I ever get. It’s a bit strange.
- A zip-top bag with an emergency Xanax and Adderall. I frequently forget to bring my afternoon meds with me, so this is a backup.
- Last but not least, a 4 gig CF card
There you go, all of the stuff that’s in my purse. I’m proud that there isn’t a lot of trash in there, but I have a ton of receipts shoved in the wallet, so I guess that’s cheating. Oh well.
Now I suppose I should tag people. I choose Colleen, and, well, maybe everybody else too. GO. What’s in YOUR purse?