…Something shaky, something blue

I’m partaking in the “something old, something new, something borrowed, and something blue” tradition. I had the old, new, borrowed, and sixpence on lockdown (and to be revealed later!), but was clueless as to what would be my blue. For awhile, I contemplated using Chanel’s Nouvelle Vague as my toenail polish for blue-ish toes, but wasn’t totally sold on that– I didn’t want to look like or imply that I had cold feet!

A few days ago, JP suggested the best something blue ever. I mean, seriously. Perfect.

You see, we both have a serious love-affair with our kitty, Wednesday. We are already sad that we won’t be able to have her come to the wedding, given the whole “don’t want to stress our kitty out” thing, but now my something blue will allow us to have a little bit of Wednesday at the wedding! A BLUE SHAKY MOUSE!

Shaky mice are her absolute favorite toys. I swear that she has at least 50. She loves to hide them under the stove, washing machine, dryer, play fetch with them, drop them onto my face when I won’t wake up, and just generally trot around the apartment with them in her mouth. We put all of her blue mice out, and had her choose one. Her favorite, the blue shaky pictured, will be pinned or stitched into my dress for my something blue. I can’t wait to have a little bit of Wednesday shake down the aisle with me.

Did you find your something blue in the most random of places? What’s your something blue? Traditional or no?

10 Responses to …Something shaky, something blue
  1. Lauren
    June 11, 2010 | 9:43 am

Yeah, I also considered my tattoo, because it’s blue, but it is in no way wedding-related. (I.E. didn’t get it for any wedding-related purposes). Your ring totally works as a something blue. Lazy=good. My something new is a pair of underwear. Yawn. :p

2. Liz @ Dogs & Wine
    June 11, 2010 | 10:06 am

Okay, that’s kind of amazing. My something blue was rather boring. My wedding ring (because I was opting to only wear that after we got married) was a big sapphire ring. Since I’m lazy, I called it a day with that as my something blue.

3. Alison @ The Knotty Bride
    June 11, 2010 | 10:10 am

Aaawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww. That’s kind of perfect.

4. Becky B
    June 11, 2010 | 10:24 am

That’s such a cute idea! Josh wanted to make his cat a ring bearer… But I convinced him that in such a large open park, near a major street, we couldn’t risk kitty running away to become street pizza or even worse having someone’s dog (as we couldn’t totally close off the park for our wedding) come after Scout.

I might opt for something like this for my something blue!

5. Pink Heli
    June 11, 2010 | 12:33 pm

I love this! I love that your cat is wednesday too. My first cat’s name was Wednesday. I shouldn’t say ‘was’ though; she’s 6 years old now. She lives with my folks (after a terrible apartment rules battle), but they have spoiled the hell out of her so it is a winning situation.

6. kathleen
    June 11, 2010 | 1:30 pm

Too awesome!!! yay kitties.

7. Cece
    June 11, 2010 | 2:20 pm

My blue was my shoes, kinda overdone I suppose but it worked for me even if it did freak my mom out at first! Love that the kitty gets to be a part of the wedding! I’m still sad our pup wasn’t included in ours šŸ™

8. The Thirty-Something Bride
    June 11, 2010 | 4:22 pm

Well, this is unique. Weird, yet lovely. And your kitty looks like my kitty!

9. MERgetsMRSed
    June 11, 2010 | 4:44 pm

That’s so cute!

10. Em
    June 12, 2010 | 12:53 am

LOVE THIS! Love it more than anything I’ve ever loved before (ok, maybe not as much as I love Josh…or cheese…or, you know, MY kitties, but it comes close). We have those shaky things for our boys but they don’t *love* them like Wednesday seems to. Don’t you love when cats carry things around the house? It cracks me up all the time. Ok…must remember this is a post about weddings, not cats.

My something blue were Nippies šŸ˜‰ Josh enjoyed them very much.